Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Self-Directed Welcome

I never, in a million years, thought I would start a blog.

(Hmm, there I go, justifying myself already.)  I guess I've never been much of a writer.  I remember well creative writing at school, and it wasn't all the rainbows and fireworks that I so desperately wanted it to be...  I've always loved books, and somehow thought I should be good at writing.  But that's OK.  One doesn't necessarily need to be a novelist to write a blog.  An appealing reason in my book!

I think the main motivating factor in my starting my own little cyberspace word-garden was one of my friends.  She writes really beautifully, and her blog is just full of touching and insightful thoughts - but that's alongside simple observations, ponderings, just little things.  She also follows up her blog comments as "conversations" with people.  All of which I love!  It feels inclusive, and do-able.  It's just a little place to share, I guess.  Even if I can't write like my friend.  God gives us all individual talents and gifts - and what a precious kaleidoscope that makes us.  I feel like this life is so full of wonder and learnings that sharing them is actually a worthwhile activity.  At the moment, anyway...  Who knows how long this blog will last?  Maybe I'll become a little too introspective (a little risky).  Who knows whether anyone will ever read it?  I don't mind, to be honest.  We shall see.  I'm kind of excited!  If you're actually, actually reading this - welcome!  It's lovely to have you here.

3 comments:

  1. Bloss, I've just stumbled across your blog, and I'm SO so delighted! Your introductory post is perfect, and you have such a natural way with words. It's truly beautiful! I look forward to reading more of your heart-thoughts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. And I'm so excited our little chats about blogging and words have sprung into... this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your beautiful comments Danielle - I'm more than a bit thrilled!
    They definitely were what started me thinking about it all... Big thank you :)
    I'm pretty excited too actually! We'll see how it all goes!
    Lots and lots of love
    xx

    ReplyDelete