Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday!

Wow, I only just thought of this idea literally 10 seconds ago, and am already bubbling with excitement!  (I wonder if this is a standard thing in BlogWorld already, and I'm just a bit clueless?  I've heard rumours of a Wordless Wednesday, where people just post a picture...  Maybe this is a similar deal.  No matter.  Whether or not this is an original idea, I think maybe Music Monday is here to stay!)

Today, the topic of Music Monday requires absolutely no thought whatsoever.  
It's Hanson.
Yep, Hanson. 
(Remember MMMBop??  I know you do.  Don't pretend you missed it.  Classic.)

How did this come about?  Well, I'm a long-term Hanson fan.  Middle of Nowhere was my second ever album (the first beingThe Spice Girls' first album, Spice.  Hush, you.  My taste is impeccable), and I honestly still think it's chock-full of beautifully-crafted, catchy pop songs, and very real songwriting and performing talent...  And the middle brother (Taylor, for those playing at home ;) ) sang the entire record through the breaking of his voice. (Tricky in itself (I imagine) and it shows their insanely young age!)  
So.  Two days ago on Facebook, a status update from Hanson popped up in my newsfeed.  I can't for the life of me remember now what it was about but, as it was around midnight, I didn't have a lot else going on... and not having really heard much about the Hanson boys in a long time, I decided it was high time to check their page and see what they were up to.

Best decision ever.

All three boys are all grown up (which tends to happen), and married.  They've released a couple of albums since Middle of Nowhere, their most recent being 2010's Shout It Out.  The entire album is bright, Blues-Brothersy, and brilliant.  They're highly talented, look like they're having buckets of fun with their music... and they've added some seriously cool sax and trumpet parts.  Love 'em.

If you're not still too biased against MMMBop (or maybe even more so if you are...), check these out!  In particular, I just cannot get "Thinkin' Bout Somethin'" out of my head.  I absolutely challenge anyone to listen to it even once without starting to tap, dance around the room or start air-saxophoning.

Thinkin' Bout Somethin'
Give A Little

Enjoy!

P.S.  I feel the need to acknowledge that I have already failed in my one week of daily blog-posting.  Eek.  Sorry.  Maybe it's a good thing it was, by definition, a "loosely-held resolution"... ;) 

Besides, I was too busy air-saxophoning to Hanson.

No comments:

Post a Comment