Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ebay. Taking Internet Dating to a Whole New Level.

I'm not a huge Ebayer.  It's been good to me a few times in the past... it provided me with my first washing machine for $56 (it lasted about 3 months, but you know, for that price - fair enough.  It had probably had a tough life).  As well as with a uni textbook on Principles of Surgery (or something) that was out of print.  Stoked.
But that said, I'm certainly not on there often... Until this last week.

I've been following one particular listing with abnormal interest. A Mr Peter Westbrook has put himself up for auction - with the highest female bidder being taken on a date to Grill'd in Southbank - "definitely amazing". honestly, I just loved everything about this offer!  He just looks nice, Grill'd is yummy and healthy, and all the money bid on the date goes towards a good cause (the Every Child Matters Foundation). 

My favourite line in the original item description:  
"No catches - apart from the great one you will have when you win the bid!!"



It started at $20.  When I first saw it a few days ago, it had already climbed to $450... 
but finished on $1500!  Now that's effective fundraising.  
I hope Peter and his date have a happy time at Grill'd...  
The chickpea pattie burger is delish.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! How adorable and what a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! Part of me really wishes that they did a little follow-up story... you know, just to let us all know how it went! I feel somewhat emotionally invested in his story now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. I really hope it works out for him. Multi-tasking - such a great way to raise money AND get a date!

    ReplyDelete