Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My First Ever Meme!

So, a little meme has been circulating the blogosphere, and I'm one of a few bloggers who was tagged by the lovely Danielle.  Making this my first ever meme!  I'm just a little bit over the moon.

I love lists.  There was sort of a mini "in-joke" that, during "get-to-know-you" games in our Bible study group last year, I was seemingly incapable of ever giving a simple answer, but rather, always battled a compulsion to give a "Top 3".  There are just so many things to be celebrated and considered in so many areas... it's so hard to narrow it down!!  (Probably a weakness more frequently than a strength in my case, I suspect.)  But, that aside, the theme of this little tag-along meme is Five Things I'm Excited About or Looking Forward To.  So, without further ado, let's go!

1.  This meme!  Not going to deny it, I've secretly always wanted to be "tagged" to participate in one of these.  There's something joyful, relational and fun about it!  And as already mentioned, I love lists ;)

2.  Passenger.  It's been true love for a little while now between me and this one-man-band from the UK, with his simple, beautiful melodies and insightful lyrics.  He thinks deeply about life and relationships, and I find myself constantly fascinated, amused and saddened by the reflections captured in his songs.  His CDs have been going round and round and round in the car... and I still get excited when it reaches the end, and begins all over again!  And to top it all off, I was able to see him live in concert last week!!  I'm sad it's over, but still excited about his music and how incredible he was.  Oh, and while I'm being excited about music, Owl City's latest album has just come out!!  Hopefully will grab a copy tomorrow.  Bring on the Synth Pop Sunshine!

3.  Our Grade 11 Growth Group.  I've had the privilege of leading and growing with a group of beautiful high-school-age young women for the last 3.5 years, some of whom have been in the group since Grade 8.  Others have joined more recently, as well as another gorgeous, godly young adult woman as a co-leader.  In fact, God has grown our group in such a way that our now-quite-large group will be branching into two smaller groups.  There'll be loss and grief with aspects of the change, but I'm constantly amazed by the way that God is continuing to draw his daughters to himself here in Brissy... and that I get to be a small part of it, and help support them (and learn from them!) as they grow to know him more.  Honestly, nothing is more exciting.

4.  Books.  It feels like I'm just drowning in good books at the moment... I've bought a few, been lent a few, have re-discovered a few on my bookshelf that I've never read but want to...  I always find it to be a challenge to set reading priorities, and decide the books in which to invest precious reading time - but what a blessed, wonderful challenge!  I'm genuinely excited about what these books might contain, and what God may challenge me with, and teach me though them.  How good are books?!

5.  Nepal.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, I spent an unforgettable six months in Nepal from August last year.  In God's incomprehensible grace, I have the opportunity to return to Nepal for three weeks at the end of this year, with a small team of people.  So excited!  Nepal is a beautiful country, filled with beautiful people, and I simply can't wait to go back with others, and again see what God is doing there, first-hand.

6.**  Finally, my birthday!!  It's five days until my birthday, and I still get excited about it.  There's just something fun and joyful about birthdays!  Also, this particular birthday is one that's a bit special to me :)

So, that's it!  Actually, a couple of the above are rather "out-of-the-ordinary", and exciting in their distinction from usual weekly events...  But you know, I think it's actually the more everyday things - the activities, relationships, joys and challenges of the Ordinary - that can be the most exciting and life-changing.  It's actually really precious to take a moment to celebrate them.  So thank you, blog and any readers :)

Oh, and I suppose I should pass this on!  FUN!!  OK, Chelsie, Josh and Catriona - consider yourselves tagged.  Look forward to reading your lists!

 (**  Whoops.  Cheated and listed six things.  But I could hardly leave my birthday out ;) )

1 comment:

  1. Eee you blogged and I didn't notice!! I will come back over the weekend to read these entries properly. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete